Wednesday, December 15, 2010

All We Need is Just a Little...


Patience.


Shout out to Guns and Roses.


So here I am blogging from the Apple Store, while I wait for my turn at the Genius Bar.

I am trying super hard not to be annoyed that I have to wait in line. Instead, I am trying to roll with it and people watch for the next 20 minutes. I have to admit, I am finding this task difficult difficult as I think about all the tasks I need to accomplish in the next two hours before I pick the kiddos up from school.

However, as the year is drawing to a close I am thinking about new Year's resolutions. Well actually my January resolutions, because by February I usually forget about them. This year, it will be to try to have a bit more patience.

Patience with my kids. I admit that I have perhaps...once (ok maybe twice) lost my patience with them. I will try harder in January to remember that they are 2.5 and 4.5 and not little adults.

Patience with my husband. Self explanatory.

Patience with myself-this one seems the most difficult to achieve. I often put so much pressure on myself. With added patience, I will be in a better zone, as a mom, a friend, a wife, a daughter and as a professional.

So, instead of being annoyed that it is 2:29 and they promised my appointment at 2:30. I am cool with it-I promise...well at least until 2:40, when I go ask the guy where I am on the waiting list.

No comments:

Post a Comment