Monday, November 29, 2010

I am THAT mom

I never thought I would be THAT mom, you know the ones...they sign their kids up for everything under the sun. Gymnastics on Monday, karate on Tuesday, piano on Wednesday and so on. But lately, the Chicago Park District has turned me into that overly obssesive person about my kids activities. Park District registration classes seem harder to get into than dare I say...a magnet school? They are the hottest ticket in town. Who knew Mom and Tot gymnastics would create such a buzz.

So for those unfamiliar with the process, I will describe:
Step 1: Browse the programs online before the regsitration date
Step 2: Create a log in and password
Step 3: Add the programs you want into your online shopping cart and convince a friend, a spouse or relative to add the programs to their carts as well. This increase the probability of getting into the desired class.
Step 4: log in at the precise moment the registration clock strikes 9:00am and hit submit

I failed to actually mention the step when I start getting nervous about not getting a spot. Or not getting both of my kids into the class.

This may seem easy but it is anything but. Today, my husband and I accomplished an amazing feat...we registred both kids online and GOT IN!!! I feel like I just won the lottery. I tell ya, it's the little things in life!

And if, God forbid you don't succeed online, then it's off to wait in line at 5:45am for the class of your choice. (Which I have done once before). As I said , I have turned into those people that I have mocked all along. Those silly shoppers who stand outside Best Buy at 3am to score a new plasma TV.

The only silver lining to this whole process is that at the end of 45 minute gymnastics class my kids get a hand stamp, which to a 2 and 4 year is the best thing in the whole world. I guess it is all relative, right?

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on getting in! Enjoy sleeping in this Saturday :)
    I got 2 out of 3...

    ReplyDelete