Sunday, February 6, 2011

Rock Out

So you know those times when your kids are on the verge of a meltdown and it could go either way...they could totally lose it or there could be something that would reel them back to earth??  Well today in the car ride home from the suburbs we were there.  They were hungry, tired and feeling stir crazy...the perfect storm.  This is when I had my moment of triumph.  (Cue the Chariots of Fire Music).

I turned on the radio and taught my kids how to ROCK OUT.  I put on the Loop. (for those not familar, I encourage you to check out the website) and we jammed on the air guitar and air drums to Bruce Springstein-Glory Days, Led Zepplin-Ramble On, and then Fleetwood Mac-You Can Go Your Own Way. 

I couldn't believe it...I had talked them off the ledge and was able to listen to some good music to boot.  Hold on, let me take off my Supermom cape and continue finishing up my application for Mother of the Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment